Welcome to Timms Mill
The historic mill was originally built on the banks of the Six and Twenty Creek in 1784 by Mr. Isaac Timms. Through successive generations it was moved to two more locations along the creek and is now standing on the site established in 1898. The mill was in continuous use until 1960 when it was abandoned.
In 2001, David and Lisa Wortham bought the property that included the neglected gristmill. They took up the challenge to restore the mill, and with a lot of help from friends, the restoration was completed in 2004. Since then, the renovated 14 foot waterwheel has been turning to power the original stones in the mill.
For 15 years the Worthams have been grinding fresh grits and cornmeal for the community. Look for them in local restaurants and produce stands.